40 ways to reduce electricity bill & save dollars
11. Thaw food: Having food thawed before cooking, will not only save time, but help reduce the amount of heat it takes to fully cook.
12. Regularly maintain your AC: Keeping your AC tuned and clean will ensure it runs as efficiently as possible.
13. Change your air filters regularly: Dirty air filters clog free flowing air, and make your AC work harder.
14. Close your chimney flue: If you have a wood burning fireplace, make sure it’s closed in the summer.
15. Air dry dishes: Instead of running the dishwasher, try air drying.
16. Insulate your garage door: Adding insulation to your garage door will keep heat and cool air in.
17. Check your weather strips: Energy savings could be seeping right out the front door with air leaks. Checking or replacing worn weather strips can help save on energy costs.
18. Clean your windows: Allowing as much natural sun to come through will heat up the house.
19. Cook on a fire pit: Barbequing is a great past time. However, try doing Dutch-oven cooking once in a while.
20. Reduce microwave use: If you can eat more salads, fruits, and vegetables, you’re not only being healthier, using little energy to cook.